Position: Breakfast Club Leader – Level 3
Contract: 7.5hrs per week, Monday – Friday 7.30am – 9am.
Start Date: Initially term-time only, 38 weeks worked plus 5 training days
(1 additional week)
Fixed-term initially until 31st
Salary £18,795 - £19,945 per annum, pro rata (Actual £3,243 - £3,441)
Closing Date: 26th
First Class Supply are working with a school based in Newcastle. Offering childcare, nursery and primary education for children 0-11 years old and extended schools provision for adults and families at least 51 weeks a year. This school was judged by Ofsted as “Outstanding” following our inspection in 2013.
They are seeking to appoint the above post to enable us to continue to provide outstanding childcare, education and community services for all, ensuring that every child has the best possible start in life.
Duties will include:
- Advise, support and assist the Head Teacher in the development of an effective programme of activities ensuring appropriate equipment, facilities and services are available.
- Supervise the work of the Breakfast Assistant(s).
- Undertake activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual,moral, spiritual and social skills.
- Respond to the practical needs of children where there is an identified special educational need.
- Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social,emotional and physical needs of pupils.
- Assist in the control of income and expenditure for the Breakfast Club ensuring relevant records are maintained.
- Assist in maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment and act in accordance with the School’s policies and procedures.
- To promote and implement the Council’s Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
- The postholder will have responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons s/he is responsible for, or comes into contact with.
Successful applicants will be pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic and reliable. You must also possess the following:
- NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience in Childcare / playwork or equivalent.
- At least Level 3 and should have good spoken English and GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
- Training in relevant learning strategies and knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and national curriculum for primary schools.
- Experience of working with children aged 3-11
- An understanding of good quality childcare and knowledge of learning through play. Ability to plan sessions based on the needs of all pupils and Experience of advancing progress within a learning environment.
- Be flexible and able to use your initiative as well as work as part of a team
- No disclosure about criminal convictions or safeguarding concern that makes applicant unsuitable for this post.
- Awareness of relevant legislation relating to safeguarding and child protection.
First Class Supply are a genuine independent Employment Business that specialises in the education sector, currently celebrating 15 hugely successful years in educational recruitment. We have an unrivalled, fantastic reputation for delivering an exceptional, personal service to our partner schools, teachers and support staff alike. The first to forge real partnerships with schools, we are proud that our company ethos to support our local community in real ways has proved truly beneficial. As part of our commitment to our teachers and support staff we offer free, ongoing CPD courses, as well as ongoing professional support by in-house educational industry professionals. We lead, where others follow.
First Class Supply have forged strong partnerships with schools in Northumberland, North Tyneside, Newcastle, Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland, Durham and Tees Valley.
If you would like to learn more about us and join the largest independent supply teaching agency in the North East visit our website; www.firstclasssupply.co.uk
Alternatively, contact us on 0191 251 5566 to speak to one of our friendly team.
Applicants will attend a face-to-face interview, be expected to undergo reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure (if not currently held).
First Class Supply is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education.